POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why I should have more time (but actually don't) : Re: Why I should have more time (but actually don't) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I should have more time (but actually don't)
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Sep 2014 11:36:42
Message: <5421938a@news.povray.org>
On 23/09/2014 14:50, andrel wrote:
> Recently a couple of interesting things have happened in my life.

[Snip]

> author even invented a new verb for that sort of unethical behaviour. I
> am also a verb now \o/

"Careful, you might get andreled."

> So far the fun part. Temporary inherently implies that the contract ends
> at some point. I am unemployed since Aug 1st.

Did you know what the prize was when you were entered?

 >  (The runner up is also
> unemployed, so (s)he is not catching up while I am down)
> Being unemployed costs a lot more time than I expected, so I am just
> slowly getting more time to do new things. But I am (re)studying some
> programming languages, so that at least is fun.

I was made redundant from a Permanent job about 20 years ago. It was
probably one of the better things that has happened to me, in retrospect.

And think of all the tax you pay in the Netherlands. Time to get some of
the benefits. :-)

The other thing is having more time to spend money is costly.

My condolences these things can shock your system.
And I am sure it won't be long before you are back working again.

--

Regards
     Stephen