POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? : Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:35:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy?
From: clipka
Date: 23 Sep 2014 07:26:04
Message: <542158cc$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.09.2014 10:18, schrieb Stephen:

>>> But if he believe that it is the right thing to do and God told him...
>>
>> Sounds a bit far-fetched to me; any reliable source for this?
>
> I put the two clauses together and the one about God is an interpolation.
>
> Google Tony Blare and God.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/5373525/Tony-Blair-believed-God-wanted-him-to-go-to-war-to-fight-evil-claims-his-mentor.html

In light of this article, and if you had written "and God wants him
to...", I'd be compelled to agree. Still no sign of "and God told him...".

Either way, whatever his faith, he's certainly right in one thing:

Tony Blair complained in 2007 that he had been unable to talk about his
faith while in office as he would have been perceived as "a nutter".

And rightly so he would, as it seems.

God bless the British people for this difference to the US-Americans.