POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? : Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy?
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Sep 2014 10:49:00
Message: <542036dc$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/09/2014 15:15, clipka wrote:
> Am 22.09.2014 15:57, schrieb Stephen:
>> On 22/09/2014 13:39, Francois Labreque wrote:
>>> In general, when you sell fear, it's good to have a visible represention
>>> of what "THEY" look like, and the Soviets don't really fit the bill any
>>> more.
>>
>> Do you want to look again? ;-)
>
> The Russians, maybe. The Soviets, certainly not :-P

True, unless you are bored to death at one of their council meetings. U+270C

> That said, Putin may be considered /evil/ enough, but is he an adversary
> to be /feared/?

I would say so.
Who would have thought that the death of Archduke Ferdinand would have
caused so much trouble? For instance.

> I don't think the average US-American citizen considers him a threat;
> it's not like he shows any intentions to invade the US. Europe maybe,
> but who cares...

1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29288277 GPS/Sat Nav went down?
2. What does a macho-man do when his back is to the wall?

> Actually, even as a German, at this point I'm more worried about the
> potential future course of America than I'm afraid of Vlad Putin.

Yeah, scary as in the OP.

> (If I
> lived in the Ukraine - or anywhere closer to Russia than Poland, for
> that matter - that would be entirely different of course.)

There but for the grace of geography, go I.

--

Regards
     Stephen