POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? : Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy?
From: clipka
Date: 22 Sep 2014 10:15:38
Message: <54202f0a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.09.2014 15:57, schrieb Stephen:
> On 22/09/2014 13:39, Francois Labreque wrote:
>> In general, when you sell fear, it's good to have a visible represention
>> of what "THEY" look like, and the Soviets don't really fit the bill any
>> more.
>
> Do you want to look again? ;-)

The Russians, maybe. The Soviets, certainly not :-P

That said, Putin may be considered /evil/ enough, but is he an adversary
to be /feared/?

I don't think the average US-American citizen considers him a threat;
it's not like he shows any intentions to invade the US. Europe maybe,
but who cares...

Actually, even as a German, at this point I'm more worried about the
potential future course of America than I'm afraid of Vlad Putin. (If I
lived in the Ukraine - or anywhere closer to Russia than Poland, for
that matter - that would be entirely different of course.)