POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really? : Re: Really? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Really?
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Sep 2014 20:32:22
Message: <5414e216$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/09/2014 00:08, clipka wrote:
> Am 13.09.2014 23:41, schrieb Stephen:
>
>> That's fine by me. I'm taking time off ATM.
>> I might need consoling after the 19th.
>
> Just wondering: Would that be in the yes- or the no-case?
>
> (I have a hunch, but I might be wrong of course.)

You, wrang ma loon?
Ne'er ;-)

> Mandatory:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ

I've seen it before and think that is very funny and very true.

This news clip was shot in Aberdeen when Siri was launched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EVnK-pNxaA

In some parts of Scotland they speak the purest English to be found.
(Inverness-shire, I've also read that there is somewhere in Canada that
does too.) But in other parts of Scotland the dialect is next to
incomprehensible. I once spent an afternoon with a friend's old uncle in
Aberdeen. I could make out one word in three.
My own accent is similar to the ones in the video you posted. So if we
ever team up in ED with voice comms, beware! :-)
Or maybe not. Scots is a Germanic language.

--

Regards
     Stephen