POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An anecdote re: Paisley : Re: An anecdote re: Paisley Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An anecdote re: Paisley
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Sep 2014 01:08:38
Message: <5413d156$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/09/2014 03:38, Doctor John wrote:
> Paisley (in a sermon): ... and there will be a GREAT WAILING AND A
> GNASHING OF TEETH.
>
> Little old lady: But, Mr Paisley, I have no teeth
>
> Paisley: TEETH will be PROVIDED

SOL (Smirk Out Loud)

Very funny :-) but does not ring true. He insisted on being addressed as
Dr Paisley. He spent a lot of money buying his degree.

Another anecdote.
I worked with a man who had met and spoken to him. I can't remember the
exact details but that is not important.

Pete was on a flight seated next to Mr Paisley and had an interesting
conversation with him. A couple of years later they met again while
travelling and Paisley just continued the conversation where they had
left off. Pete said that he was very personable man and liked him.

Personally I think that now Pastor Jack Glass will have company in Hell.

I lived in Glasgow (Belfast Lite) during the Troubles of the 60s and 70s.
He was a rabble rousing, hate spreading bigot and the peace process
there would have been completed decades before it was, without him.

--

Regards
     Stephen