POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really? : Re: Really? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Really?
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 3 Sep 2014 10:01:47
Message: <54071f4b@news.povray.org>
Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/phone/numbering/dial-the-code/
>
> Due to telephone number exhaustion, they're asking everybody to upgrade
> to IPv6 - er, I mean, they're changing the numbering plan.
>
> Currently, all area codes start with 0. But that means you cannot assign
> anybody a telephone number that starts with 0, see? So they're making it
> so you always have to dial the area code. That way, we know it's the
> area code because it's at the beginning of the number, not because it
> starts with a 0.
>
> Rather than, say, add new area codes or something, which would only
> affect people assigned these new numbers.
>
> Still, I guess it could be worse...

By your words and news://news.povray.org:119/5405bb55$1@news.povray.org
(assuming this person is refering to UK phone system):

UK phone system: 0x yyyy yyyy (x:0-9) (y:0-9)
0x : area code

adding the area code don't add new phone numbers, it only makes the
number longer, making the number: yyyy yyyy y would

Anyway...