POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yeah, I'm here ... : Re: Yeah, I'm here ... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yeah, I'm here ...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Aug 2014 22:24:10
Message: <53fbefca$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 19:33:57 +0200, clipka wrote:

> Am 25.08.2014 07:39, schrieb Jim Henderson:
>> On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 19:47:08 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:
>>
>>> Ahh, yeah that could be an issue. I think the Keytronic classic might
>>> be a mechanical keyboard, and comes in both PS/2 and USB variants.
>>
>> I believe you are correct on that.  Will have to look into it.  They
>> sure don't make 'em like they used to.  I had an old Northgate Omnikey
>> Ultra keyboard that I used until it finally gave out and I couldn't get
>> replacement parts easily for it.
>
> Best keyboards (if I'm asked) were those that Cherry made themselves.

Hmm, I might have to look into those - it occurs to me that a bluetooth
keyboard solves my KVM issue as well (sort of).

*foreheadslap*

In fact, I just realized that without even thinking about it, I'm using
an Apple wireless keyboard right now with my PC.  I even spent two days
setting it up (bluetooth on the new machine was acting a little weird -
Dell didn't install the driver on Win 8.1, and the bluetooth was disabled
as a result).

Jim