POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Those who wait : Re: Those who wait Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Those who wait
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 24 Aug 2014 01:06:08
Message: <53f972c0$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/21/2014 11:47 PM, scott wrote:
>> Umm. No, when I try it in Firefox its more like 4-5 minutes.
>
> :-O
>
> I don't remember the last time I had FF installed and it sounds like I
> won't be installing it again anytime soon.

Personally, I hate the lack of customizability in Chrome, and the basic
lack of certain in-built features in it. Otherwise, it has some features
for html5 that are not yet implemented any place else, which, if you
wanted to use them, means they won't work in FF, and, some shaders
depend on them too. But, really, as I said in another post, the problem
generally only happens when large images/files that need to transfer, on
the same page, like.. large animate gifs, or, shaders, which seem to
thread badly, somehow, and probably for the same reasons. For 99.999% of
the pages out there, they work more or less equally well. And, I won't
give up the plugins I use in it, just for some stuff I rarely visit. lol

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get