POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yeah, I'm here ... : Re: Yeah, I'm here ... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:29:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yeah, I'm here ...
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 23 Aug 2014 04:59:04
Message: <53f857d8$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/08/2014 02:24 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Nice - only problem is that with it being a USB device, I can't use it
> with my KVM (PS/2 connectors only - the USB-to-PS2 adapters don't seem to
> work with it).

I had a KVM switch once. You know how occasionally a PSU lets go for no
apparent reason? Yeah, well, my KVM used to make a little beep when you
switch channels. And then one day my PC malfunctioned, and the KVM let
out this deafening scream, and everybody in the office is looking at me
as I'm desperately ripping cables out left and right to try to make this
ear-splitting noise STFU!

Man, that was a fun day... After I pulled the power cord out of my PC,
it never worked again. Nor did the KVM. Good thing my employer paid for
a new one...