POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Those who wait : Re: Those who wait Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Those who wait
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Aug 2014 23:20:28
Message: <53f6b6fc$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/21/2014 4:08 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 21-8-2014 9:43, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> On 21/08/2014 01:12 AM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>>> Uh.. Just don't expect Firefox to hand that site well.
>>
>> Does anybody remember when Firefox was the browser of choice, because it
>> was so much faster than everything else? These days, Firefox seems to
>> take *forever* to do anything...
>
> What is /forever/ though? from above I understand 4-5 seconds to be
> /unacceptable/ ;-) To tell the truth, I have no complains about firefox.
>
> Thomas
He said that the page takes that in Chrome, it takes minutes, not
seconds, in Firefox. But, really, for any other page it seems to work
fine. It only really has issues with shadertoy.com, due to what its
Its something to do with how it doesn't properly load those things in
parallel right. Its a known problem, and one they, supposedly, would
have to completely rework large sections of code to fix. But, since it
effects less than maybe 100th of a percent of sites, in any noticeable
way...

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get