POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Those who wait : Re: Those who wait Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Those who wait
From: scott
Date: 21 Aug 2014 03:08:22
Message: <53f59ae6@news.povray.org>
>> Plenty of examples on shadertoy.com of real-time GI in the browser ;-)
>
> Uh.. Just don't expect Firefox to hand that site well. Something about
> the way Firefox threads its content causes it to slog to a total crawl,
> until all the shaders fully load. They work, they just.. lag the shit
> out of it, while loading up. I presume this is still true in the latest
> release, since I haven't been stupid enough to try going there recently.
> lol

It's similar in Chrome here, the first time I open the main page it
takes about 4-5 seconds to fully load, and if I go "back" to the main
page after that it still takes a second or two to populate all the
shader previews.

But the most impressive thing is that while watching a shader run, you
can modify the code on the right and hit play to run it.