POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jim Charter working at Microsoft? : Re: Jim Charter working at Microsoft? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jim Charter working at Microsoft?
From: Shay
Date: 10 Aug 2014 10:21:38
Message: <53e77ff2@news.povray.org>
On 08/09/2014 08:50 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 10.08.2014 01:09, schrieb Shay:
>> clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

>>> ... and then exactly what is supposed to happen?
>>
>> Jim's Easter egg.
>
> ... and that would be exactly what?
>
> I see nothing special there. (But then again maybe you'd have to be an
> aquarist to see anything surprising, and the name Jim Charter doesn't
> ring a bell here either.)

Jim Charter is a traditional-media artist who participated in the
POV-Ray group for several years. Jim was never a tweaker like most
POVers; that is, he didn't use POV-Ray as a settings editor / scene
arranger for simple or borrowed models. Process is as important as
product to Jim, and his POV scenes were always constructed faithfully.

And he's a compelling writer. Jim Charter is the ONE person I asked to
pre-read short story I wrote two years ago.

and ...

Jim modeled a Corinthian column capital to which you, clipka, replied,
"OMGWTFYouMustHaveWayTooMuchTime...".

Ring any bells?

  -Shay