POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stunned!!!! : Re: Stunned!!!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stunned!!!!
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Aug 2014 09:14:59
Message: <53e37bd3$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/08/2014 08:28, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> The Founding Fathers /and/ the Scottish Protestants.

Okay.

> Besides, I guess
> that the massive arrivals of Irish and Italian Catholics in the 19th
> century again exacerbated the intolerance - on both sides probably.

I would think, more on the protestant side. If history is anything to go
by. (I was christened a Catholic but brought up a Prody in a sectarian
society. I say protestant but it was the CoE, which was considered a bit
too close to Rome for most peoples liking.)

> The result is a weird societal concoction.

No arguments there. ;-)

>> Even the Netherlands was not liberal enough for them.
>
> Indeed. And maybe they felt they were in the devil's own country, who
> knows.

Purgatory, not Hell, by comparison.

> We still have our own little bible belt though.

Don't we all. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen