POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sailing! : Re: Sailing! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sailing!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Aug 2014 03:32:01
Message: <53db4271$1@news.povray.org>
On 31-7-2014 23:59, Doctor John wrote:
> On 31/07/14 22:34, Doctor John wrote:
>>
>> Didn't see that. What I saw was a crewman using a pole to adjust the
>> foresail. Are you sure you got the timestamp right?
>>

> OK I have just watched three times more. At ~1.30 I see what you're
> referring to. My best bet is that he's using a boat-hook to grab a sheet
> or other part of the running rigging that's fallen in the water. Either
> that or he's washing off the blood having accidentally brained a fellow
> crewman.

Interesting explanations, especially the second one ;-)

As it happens, during the current competition, at some point two ships
almost rammed each other. The captain of one of the ships jumped on the
other one and started working with his fists :-)

Emotions can soar up quite rapidly during the event.

Thomas