POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New tricks : Re: New tricks Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New tricks
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 30 Jul 2014 17:53:34
Message: <53d9695e$1@news.povray.org>
>> Feeling kinda nervous - and that probably won't help me sing. :-/
>
> If the first lesson does anything, it will help you to *not* feel
> nervous for the next one :-)

Heh, well, I'm sure that's the objective. You may have noticed, I'm not
a very confident person...

>> But
>> hey, we'll see what happens. I just hope she doesn't laugh...
>
> How did it go then?

It went well, I thought. As you can imagine, the FIRST lesson is mostly
her trying to figure out where I'm at right now, rather than me actually
learning a whole heap of stuff. And besides, nobody seriously expects to
go from zero to awesome in just one lesson.

I played her that recording. (You know, the one I posted here a while
ago and nobody paid any attention to.) She seemed fairly impressed.
Which is nice. Obviously there's a whole boatload of stuff that needs
fixing, but it's a start.

Most of the actual lesson part consisted of breathing and posture
exercises. Man, I felt a total wally doing that! I'm sure she knows what
she's talking about though... I'm probably deluding myself, but I think
I'm already made some small improvement as a result.

PS. Mini-CDs do not work in slot-load devices. In the end, the only way
I could figure out to play the song was to log into the admin page of my
website to look up the download URL for the song... (To be fair, I had
it nearly right from memory. There was just 4 characters missing.)