POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stunned!!!! : Re: Stunned!!!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stunned!!!!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Jul 2014 02:18:56
Message: <53d5eb50$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 01:02:06 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> The point at which it's a problem for me is when someone's imposing
>> their beliefs on someone else.  I despise SCOTUS' recent decision
>> allowing a corporation to hold religious beliefs (say what?) and to
>> impose those beliefs on their employees (in the form of not allowing
>> their corporate- provided health care plan to cover certain forms of
>> contraception, because the 'corporation' believes - inaccurately, I
>> might add - that those drugs are 'sinful' because they cause abortions
>> (which they don't)).
>
> For some reason there has been in recent years a very strong push in the
> US to advocate the notion that discrimination is ok as long as it's done
> for Christian reasons. (Not even religious. Christian.)

Yep.  My theory is that they're losing, and they know it - so they're
fighting harder.  It's only a matter of time, but until they have finally
"lost" (which generally means that they get treated like everyone else
rather than being treated "specially"), we're going to have a lot of this
kind of nonsense going on.

Jim