POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stunned!!!! : Re: Stunned!!!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stunned!!!!
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 27 Jul 2014 20:15:41
Message: <53d5962d$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/27/2014 4:43 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 16:34:10 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>>   But, you nailed the real issue straight on. The only time
>> they change their opinions, only, not really, is if they think it might
>> somehow damage their chances of being reelected.
>
> Yep.
>
> It's like the phrase "representative democracy" means "our constituents
> represent our views" (hence gerrymandering) rather than the other way
> around.
>
> Jim

So, how long do you think it will be before "representative" comes to
mean, "We frame a copy of a constitution, as a 'representation' of what
we imagine the country should be like, but put a caption some place on
it that says, 'Actual model may not reflect plans.'?" lol

BTW, interesting fact from Arizona. Seems they have decided that an ID
needs to be updated to be valid, for someone that is 21, regardless of
which state issued it. So, as of June 24th, in Arizona, it doesn't
matter if you have an ID, or license, which shows that you are 21 now,
if you showed up from, say NY, with 4 year old ID, but which is still
valid until, say 2015, which said you turned 21 yesterday, you have **no
right** in Arizona to purchase alcohol, because your ID, is deemed
"invalid" for that purpose, since there is more than a 30 day difference
between the issuance date, and the time you turned 21.

Yep, you can't get a new one, short of going home, you have the right,
based on the law, to purchase, but you can't without the ID, which is
now deemed invalid, due to you not updating it, which you didn't know
you needed to do, before coming to the state..

Rights? Oh, those are those things that they say you have, but you
don't, unless they say they will let you have them, or have paid the
right fee for? Got it...

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get