POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stunned!!!! : Re: Stunned!!!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stunned!!!!
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Jul 2014 02:13:39
Message: <53d34713$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/07/2014 00:31, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:19:55 +0200, clipka wrote:
>
>> Actually, reading Stephen's posting more carefully: Maybe no. Germany
>> /has/ more churches than hospitals, but whether more /new/
>> churches are being built than hospitals is difficult to tell.
>
> Hmm, fair point.
>
> I think right now in the Seattle area, though, there aren't any new
> hospitals being built, but I'd be surprised if there weren't any new
> churches being built.
>
> Jim

As you know it was also a metaphor.
Churches, hospitals. Apples, oranges.

Hospitals need to be centralised to share the expensive machinery that
goes Beep!
Churches serve smaller communities, except for cathedrals and the like.

Religion is the pillar of a lot of peoples lives. And a big distraction.
IMO they have their priorities wrong.
In the UK the established churches are loosing influence with quite a
few buildings being de-sanctified and sold off. To become temples to
those other gods, food and drink. Hospitals are lurching from one crises
to the next. Almost as if it (NHS) is being decommissioned. And to be
sold off the the Temple of Mammon.
Bitter! Moi?

--

Regards