POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stunned!!!! : Re: Stunned!!!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stunned!!!!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Jul 2014 12:47:06
Message: <53d28a0a$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:00:22 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> On 7/25/2014 12:10 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Well, there are a lot of things that didn't become an issue for the
>> general public, partly because Romney wouldn't really talk about what
>> he believes or what his church practices.  I may not have liked him as
>> a candidate or as a person, but I can respect him for saying "that's
>> not what this election is about" and refusing to talk about his faith.
>> If he had been elected, I actually think he would have not had his
>> faith be front and center, because he didn't want it in the spotlight.
>> He considered it to be a very personal thing, and not relevant to his
>> policy choices.
>>
> On that note - what the hell where his policies exactly, I never noted
> him actually pinning any down, really, unless, "I picked a Tea Party nut
> to replace me, should my brain melt down while trying to figure out what
> I actually believe this week, and the VP has to take over."? lol

Yeah, that was also a big problem with him - his stated policies and past
policy decisions didn't line up very well, and he was all over the board
on what he was for.  Most of his campaigning was based on "I'm against
what Obama's doing".

Pretty glad the electorate didn't fall for *that*, even though I'm not
very happy with Obama's stand on intellectual property and privacy
issues.  Right now, neither party is making me very happy.

Jim