POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stunned!!!! : Re: Stunned!!!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:11:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stunned!!!!
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Jul 2014 09:57:05
Message: <53d26231@news.povray.org>
On 7/24/2014 9:19 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 04:48:34 -0400, Warp wrote:
>
>> I hear there are still some places in the US where there are basically
>> closet atheists who pretend to be Christians because else they would be
>> shunned and discriminated against.
>
> Actually, a more accurate way to say that at the moment would be that
> there are some places where it's OK to be an out Atheist.
>
> It's gotten better in the past few years, but, particularly in small
> towns in the south, it can be extremely difficult to be an out Atheist.

Yeah, most of those places being the wrong religion, and questioning why
some "public" event is opened with a prayer to the god of right wing
evangelicalism, instead of just about anything else, will get you run
out of town. These places only play lip service to the usual lie that
Jews, Christians, and for some reason, Buddhists are all welcome (the
three faiths most often quoted by idiots claiming they are "inclusive"),
but everyone else will burn in hell. If you actually make a complaint
while being the wrong one of these, or almost worse, one of those damn
"liberal" Christians and you might as well be black, 50+ years ago, with
a sheet factory down the street from you.

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get