POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : EU roaming charges : Re: EU roaming charges Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: EU roaming charges
From: scott
Date: 21 Jul 2014 09:21:34
Message: <53cd13de$1@news.povray.org>
> The good companies will incorporate new laws into their existing
> contracts by the former means;

So eventually I found out the relevant UK law and the corresponding EU
regulation (717/2007). It turns out that the providers can still charge
a higher amount, only that they must offer a "eurotariff" free of
charge. The only point is then whether voadfone "actively offered" me
the "eurotariff" or not (I don't believe they did), but that will be
much harder to prove.

provided for in Article 4, which a home provider may levy for the
provision of regulated roaming calls in compliance with that Article;"

"1.   Home providers shall make available and actively offer to all
their roaming customers, clearly and transparently, a Eurotariff as
provided for in paragraph 2. This Eurotariff shall not entail any
associated subscription or other fixed or recurring charges and may be
combined with any retail tariff."