POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : EU roaming charges : Re: EU roaming charges Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: EU roaming charges
From: clipka
Date: 15 Jul 2014 10:35:02
Message: <53c53c16$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.07.2014 15:40, schrieb scott:

> It's not a big problem, it's probably my fault for not checking the
> detail of the package I signed up to, but I just assumed that the
> roaming caps announced would override any previous contracts I had
> agreed to with my provider.

That's not how contracts work in practice in the ecosystem of laws.

Laws never just simply and automatically "override" a contract. A
contract stays the same until either explicitly changed by consent (e.g.
one party informing about their intention to change it in order to
comply with a new law, giving the other party due time to either accept
the changes via silent agreement or terminate the contract entirely via
explicit statement), or formally and successfully challenged for being
in violation of a given law and therefore (entirely or partially) null
and void.

The good companies will incorporate new laws into their existing
contracts by the former means; the bad ones will just wait for the
second means to be invoked on a large scale.