POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Second question : Re: Second question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Second question
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Jul 2014 05:33:56
Message: <53c25284$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/07/2014 08:23, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 12-7-2014 13:55, Stephen wrote:
>> On 12/07/2014 08:10, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> They have not yet learned to open closed doors?
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2oH9dGr1sE
>
> I was curious about that one because of the increased difficulty of a
> round doorknob. Our cats had it easy: the door handle is just a lever to
> be pulled down through a judicious jump ;-)

I would say that the latch of the lock does not go through the strike
plate, properly. Either through the house settling or the door warping.
I have known a few doors like that where you have to positively shut the
door until the latch engages.
The handle even though round looks like it is a mock crystal one with
facets. The cat might get enough of a grip to give it a small rotational
moment while it is pulling towards itself.
To me the interesting thing is that it did not go into the room immediately.

--

Regards
     Stephen