POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Second question : Re: Second question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:35:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Second question
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Jul 2014 03:29:16
Message: <53be40cc$1@news.povray.org>
On 9-7-2014 13:45, Stephen wrote:
>>  From this whole exercise I must conclude that the "Clean Desk" movement
>> has gotten nowhere at all :-)
>

> I don't know about that. From what I've read here everyone seems quite
> regulated. Mine is so cluttered it is like an archilogical dig finding things. I
> have even misplaced a dwarf wolly mamoth, somewhere.

The Clean Desk Policy was very strict. Except for a screen, a keyboard,
a mouse and a phone, nothing was allowed after working hours. It meant
you had to re-create your own junk every morning and clean it up before
leaving. The bright idea (for which managers are sometimes known) behind
the concept was that a "cluttered desk revealed a cluttered mind" etc
etc. I suspect that the ideal was a permanently pristine desk during
working hours.

Ah, but you know all that I am sure.

Thomas