POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Second question : Re: Second question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Second question
From: clipka
Date: 7 Jul 2014 10:48:24
Message: <53bab338@news.povray.org>
Am 06.07.2014 22:05, schrieb Doctor John:
> What's on your desktop? Not the virtual one but the real one.
> Right now I have two monitors, a keyboard, a mouse and a KVM switch.
> There are also an empty coffee cup (with the word TEA written on it),
> two landline telephones and a mobile, a pile of unanswered mail, a toy
> penguin called Tux, a half-empty bottle of Lucozade Sport and, for no
> apparent reason, a 2 metre length of Cat5 cable.

I can confirm the Cat5 cable ;-)

Other than that:
Two monitors - check. Both 24", for maximum screen real estate.
A keyboard - check.
A mouse - check.
A KVM switch - nope. But I do have access to the other machine via Xming.

An empty coffee cup and half-empty bottle of Lucozade - nope. A
non-empty glass of water sits within arm's reach in a bookshelf to my
right though; the desktop proved to be a too dangerous place for liquid
containers.

Two landline telephones and a mobile - nope, just one landline. And not
actually landline, but ISDN via VoIP.

A pile of unanswered mail - check. Plus plenty of other pieces of paper
including invoices, newspaper clippings and a pizza service brochure,
CDs, and some odds & ends.

A toy penguin - nope, no mascots here. A plastic rose though.

That, plus:
A printer stand with plenty of blank printer paper; a laser
printer/scanner/photocopier/fax machine; two large jugs and a miniature
dustbin all crammed with pens, pencils, markers, eraser pens, and a pair
of scissors; a collection of plastic customer cards, business cards and
similar; a silver TC-RTC trophy keychain; a wristwatch that hasn't been
rewound for ages; a beyerdynamics headset I got for my 40th birthday; a
small toothpick container (with a few picks left); a colorimeter; an LED
flashlight; a set of nasty-sounding speakers I barely use anymore; a
mousepad; and two game keypads I've not used for ages.

Ah, and of course a Raspberry Pi. Which is the reason why /I/ have a 2
metre length of Cat5 cable on my desktop (a patch cable actually) ;-).