POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Naming schemas (or schemata if you're picky) : Naming schemas (or schemata if you're picky) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Naming schemas (or schemata if you're picky)
From: Doctor John
Date: 6 Jul 2014 15:52:04
Message: <53b9a8e4$1@news.povray.org>
What do you call your machines?
At work I use the names of Graeco-Roman and Nordic gods and goddesses;
thus we have Aphrodite, Minerva, Jupiter, Odin and Loki to name a few.
AFAIK British Telecom seems to use the names of the rare earth elements
for its customer-facing servers and I know of one multinational that
uses artists' names - Picasso, Dali, Rembrandt etc.
So what do you call yours?

John
--
Protect the Earth