POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Keyboard problem : Re: Keyboard problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Keyboard problem
From: scott
Date: 4 Jul 2014 02:50:09
Message: <53b64ea1$1@news.povray.org>
>> This must be one of strangest problems I've come across. Sometimes the
>> "r" key does not work - every other key works fine. However, as soon as
>> I enter a single "r" using Alt+114 the "r" key itself comes back to life
>> and works perfectly. I have no idea what could be causing this strange
>> behaviour, but it seems more like a software/driver issue rather than
>> hardware.
>
> you have, of course, used a different keyboard on the machine and also
> used the first keyboard on a different machine.

Update: I think the problem only started since the keyboard was plugged
into the monitor's internal USB hub (I'd moved it here to tidy up some
wires under my desk). The r stopped working approximately 25% of the
time after the PC puts the monitor to sleep and then I wake it back up
again. However I moved it to the next USB socket on the monitor, then
back to the first and I can't recreate it anymore in either socket...
Maybe it's just Windows telling me I need to restart my machine after 17
days?