POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : master branch issue 29 linux compilation errors : Re: master branch issue 29 linux compilation errors Server Time
16 Jun 2024 23:42:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: master branch issue 29 linux compilation errors
From: clipka
Date: 2 Jul 2014 13:52:25
Message: <53b446d9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 02.07.2014 19:25, schrieb Le_Forgeron:
> Le 02/07/2014 19:22, clipka nous fit lire :
>> Am 02.07.2014 18:44, schrieb Le_Forgeron:
>>
>>> Yes. Compile, link, run.
>>>
>>> * make check : ok for the 3 (g++, icpc, clang++)
>>>
>>> Yet, it seems gcc (only) is too fast on benchmark. (4 seconds on 12
>>> threads)
>>>
>>> Rendering benchmark gives the attached pictures (the icpc seems ok,
>>> within usual time, but gcc is bogus and too fast, far too fast)
>>
>> Did you do a clean build for the gcc version? Maybe one of the earlier
>> builds left some crap behind.
>>
>> If the bug persists even with a clean build, please open a new issue on
>> GitHub, as we're no longer talking about build problems now.
>>
> I rebuilt it two times. So the issue is on its way. :-)

 From what you wrote earlier, I take it that the biscuits scene renders
fine.

Can you narrow down which feature causes the problems in the benchmark
scene? Photons? Media? Radiosity?

It would also be helpful if you could figure out which version was the
last one that compiled & rendered ok. (If the one after that still
compiled ok, but rendered bogus, that would also be useful to know.)