POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Probably a stupid question about EGG format exporting : Re: Probably a stupid question about EGG format exporting Server Time
28 Apr 2024 04:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Probably a stupid question about EGG format exporting
From: clipka
Date: 28 Jun 2014 19:13:45
Message: <53af4c29$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.06.2014 00:47, schrieb Thor Argent:

> As a veteran POVer I would really prefer to stick with what I know best and find
> an egg-file format exporter or converter utility.  Does anyone know of one?

I pretty much suspect that Panda3d, like virtually any other 3D game
engine out there, uses mesh-based models, so as long as POV-Ray doesn't
provide any functionality for converting other geometric primitives and
CSG into meshes(*), it doesn't make sense to even start thinking about
generating egg format output.

(*Such a feature is /somewhere/ on the agenda, but still a good deal
into the future.)

 From a short glimpse on the 'net, it seems to me like Panda3d comes
with its own conversion tools from 3DS to EGG, so any modeler with 3DS
export may actually suit your needs.