POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Looking for an Android HDR Panorama camera app : Re: Looking for an Android HDR Panorama camera app Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for an Android HDR Panorama camera app
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Jun 2014 15:29:29
Message: <53af1799$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 11:47:12 -0400, Nekar Xenos wrote:

>> Possibly, though the way the app for the S5 works, you have to hold
>> still for each exposure in a 360° picture (as well as a panorama), so
>> it shouldn't be completely incompatible.
>>
>> Though maybe the variance in light levels between exposures would/could
>> create an inconsistent image.
>>
>> Jim
>>
> I would prefer 360 panoramas, but it would be extremely difficult to do
> manualy - especially with the sky having no reference points. Maybe with
> 5 exposures per frame, you could at least get 3 matching exposures.

The S5's built-in camera actually uses the sensors to detect the
orientation of the camera, and it  takes multiple exposures as you move
the lens through virtual markers.  The stitching isn't perfect
(presumably because the camera actually needs to be rotated while
stationary, which is tricky to do, certainly without practice), but it's
not bad.

Jim