POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Looking for an Android HDR Panorama camera app : Re: Looking for an Android HDR Panorama camera app Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for an Android HDR Panorama camera app
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 28 Jun 2014 13:32:04
Message: <53aefc14$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2014-06-27 12:55, Kevin Wampler a écrit :
> On 6/26/2014 12:10 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> I would love to find something like this as well - my Galaxy S5 phone's
>> camera can do HDR and it can do panoramas, but like you note, it can't do
>> both for some reason.
>>

> One guess for why it doesn't do both is that the two photography modes
> have contrasting requirements.  For HDR you want to hold the camera
> still so it can easily align the different exposures, but for panoramas
> you need to move the camera.  Not that solving this is impossible, but I
> bet getting really nice results would be trickier than with either alone.

Solution 1:  Blur the ever-loving crap out of the result.  Since you're
mostly looking for illumination, alignment errors between exposures
shouldn' matter too much.

Solution 2:  (don't know if this is possible) create panoramic at
various exposures and combine the panoramic pictures.

You'll probably have to work with a computer app to do that, rather than
just a phone app, however.