POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Looking for an Android HDR Panorama camera app : Re: Looking for an Android HDR Panorama camera app Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for an Android HDR Panorama camera app
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 27 Jun 2014 12:55:17
Message: <53ada1f5@news.povray.org>
On 6/26/2014 12:10 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> I would love to find something like this as well - my Galaxy S5 phone's
> camera can do HDR and it can do panoramas, but like you note, it can't do
> both for some reason.

One guess for why it doesn't do both is that the two photography modes
have contrasting requirements.  For HDR you want to hold the camera
still so it can easily align the different exposures, but for panoramas
you need to move the camera.  Not that solving this is impossible, but I
bet getting really nice results would be trickier than with either alone.

Barring the possibility that some app already exists to do this, if
you're (or rather if Nekar's) willing to spend some time on it, the
easiest option I can think of is to capture a bunch of independent HDR
photos, then stitch them into a panorama after the fact.  The images
might have to be downloaded to the desktop to do the stitching though.