POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wireless connection issue : Re: Wireless connection issue Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wireless connection issue
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Jun 2014 07:51:33
Message: <53a814c5$1@news.povray.org>
On 23-6-2014 12:55, scott wrote:
> Ah ok - well if all you did was reset the router and it stopped working,
> then it seems likely there is nothing wrong with your PC at all, and the
> problem is with the router.

I seem to remember to have deleted also some wireless networks that
seemed redundant to me and probably generated in the past... Just kept
the most 'familiar' one. Can I delete that too, and try to make a brand
new network? because all changes to the network now just change the
existing network without connecting.

> You could try logging in to your router (with a cable) and turning off
> all wifi encryption just to see if the PC can connect at all (of course
> turn it back on straight after). While you're in there also have a look
> through to make sure there's nothing else preventing the connection.

I do not seem to be able to turn off all encryption. It is either TKIP
or AES or both. However, disabling the Authentication Type (from
WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK normally) did not either make a connection possible.

> I don't know if windows remembers the access point by name or not, but
> you could try changing the SSID of the router to see if that makes
> windows "forget" the old connection and make a new one.

No, this does not make any difference.

Running the Maintenance Diagnostics of the modem/router, I get two
failures: one at "Testing ATM OAM segment ping" and the other at
"Testing ATM OAM end to end ping".

At the ATM VC section I see nothing strange, and equal to when
everything worked:
Virtual Circuit: PVC0
VPI: 8
VCI: 48