POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Publishing : Re: Publishing Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Publishing
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 18 Jun 2014 16:57:04
Message: <53a1fd20$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/06/2014 08:40 PM, andrel wrote:
> According to a friend of mine that has used InDesign for some personal
> projects, InDesign can export and import XML. That could mean that you
> only have to create a template and then insert the documentation by
> automatic search and replace. (I use the same technique to build simple
> websites.)
> Apparently InDesign even has scripting facilities, she has not used them
> herself. She is not a programmer, but a child of the WYSIWYG point and
> click generation. All in all it sounds to me as something that matches
> your interests and abilities. Perhaps she can even help you a bit. She
> has met people that use complex programs to do simple tasks before (i.e.
> we have worked together for some time).

OK. Well that all sounds like something worth looking into.

(I overheard the guy who's working on the documentation the other day.
We was explaining - as if this is a really complex and novel idea - how
he's managed to configure InDesign in such a way that it *automatically*
updates the table of contents and the index when you change something.
As if this is a really sophisticated idea, rather than - you know -
something that EVERY half-decent document production system should be
able to do out-of-the-box...)

It sounds like with some suitable tinkering, we could probably get quite
a nice workflow with this thing.

I wonder if there's any official documentation for it online. I'll take
a look...