POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Naming schemas (or schemata if you're picky) : Re: Naming schemas (or schemata if you're picky) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:32:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Naming schemas (or schemata if you're picky)
From: andrel
Date: 6 Jul 2014 16:21:51
Message: <53B9AFB0.10001@gmail.com>
They have Maori names for animals, computers are birds (takahe, pateke,
kakariki, korora) and my external harddisk is called tuatara

The photographers in the hospital were in building K on level 2 so
obviously they named there machines after mountains (K2, Fuji)

Nordic gods and godesses were used for the big machines in my former
department 20 years ago.

Slightly related: I am trying to get my student to name the amplifier he
made. That would make referring so much easier. (one of the propositions
with my thesis was that every machine that is worth referring to has to
have a name)

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.