POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Publishing : Re: Publishing Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Publishing
From: andrel
Date: 14 Jun 2014 11:51:17
Message: <539C6F6F.9010004@gmail.com>
I know some people who could answer some of your questions, at least
they can work with InDesign.
For the source control part...
Both .docx and .odt are in fact zip containers that contain the images
and the content in different files. In theory you could extract the
content part, put that under revision control. Check out the content,
change, check in and rebuild the zipfile. Plus some manual fixing, but
that would be minimal. If InDesign has the same sort of filestructure
you might give that a try. Alternatively, many programs nowadays support
version control. Did you check if InDesign does?

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.