POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is anyone going to SIGGRAPH this year? : Is anyone going to SIGGRAPH this year? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Is anyone going to SIGGRAPH this year?
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 7 Jun 2014 17:33:34
Message: <5393852e$1@news.povray.org>
If so, be sure to drop by the "Controlling Character" papers session at
9:00AM on Tuesday to see me present some stuff!  More info on what I'll
be presenting is here:
http://grail.cs.washington.edu/projects/inverse_locomotion/ and a
snippet can also be found in this year's SIGGRAPH paper's trailer:
http://www.siggraph.org/discover/news/siggraph-2014-technical-papers-preview

On a related note, it you subscribe to the Communications of the ACM
magazine, you might be interested to take a look at this month's
research highlight as it also features some work of mine.  More info
(mostly behind a paywall, but you can watch the video) here:
http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2014/6/175185-technical-perspective-motion-fields-for-interactive-character-animation/abstract

and here:
http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2014/6/175186-motion-fields-for-interactive-character-locomotion/abstract

  A non paywall version of the paper geared toward a somewhat more
technical audience is is here:
http://grail.cs.washington.edu/projects/motion-fields/