POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : issue rendering demo files : Re: issue rendering demo files Server Time
3 May 2024 23:45:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: issue rendering demo files
From: Alain
Date: 1 Jun 2014 14:25:13
Message: <538b7009@news.povray.org>

> On 01/06/2014 12:20, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> This seems to be an oversight indeed. Add:
>>
>> #declare AspectRatio=image_height/image_width;
>>
>> to makestacks.inc before the #declare Screen= line.
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> Strange stackertransp.pov renders fine on my setup. Which is new and has
> no library paths set. Having said that povray.ini has none setbut the
> message pane says that it does.
> I cannot see where the Windows/fonts and PovRay\ver 3.7\include
> paths are defined.

Those two paths are default paths. They are defined during the install
or automaticaly generated the first POV-Ray is executed if they are not
previously defined. The font folder path is taken from the system path.

The image_height and image_width are global variables available at least
since version 3.6.0.