POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You work in computers don’t_you? : Re: You work in computers don’t you? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:31:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You work in computers don’t you?
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 30 May 2014 18:09:39
Message: <538901a3$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Who needs physical media when you can stream HD over the airwaves (and
>>> slowly cook the populace at the same time... but that's besides the
>>> point)?
>>
>> Anyone who wants to be able to watch the same film again without having
>> to pay multiple times?
>
> Who said anything about having to pay for it more than once?
>
> You download the movie to your HD, and then you broadcast it to your
> TV/tablet/phone/GoogleGlasses/Neural implant from your wifi.

Why transmit it to a TV when I have my PC right here?

Also, you need some way to *get* the movie onto your PC in the first
place. I'm not aware of any service that lets you legally download
content like that. (Not without keeping it locked behind a DRM system
which can automatically delete it for you when they want more money,
anyway...)