POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You work in computers don’t_you? : Re: You work in computers don’t you? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You work in computers don’t you?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 30 May 2014 13:39:26
Message: <5388c24e$1@news.povray.org>
Le 30/05/2014 19:22, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :
>>> You may laugh, but after BluRay comes ultraviolet-ray, and after that...
>>> I'm not sure a thin layer of aluminium is actually reflective to X-rays,
>>> much less gamma rays...
>>
>> Who needs physical media when you can stream HD over the airwaves (and
>> slowly cook the populace at the same time... but that's besides the
>> point)?
>
> Anyone who wants to be able to watch the same film again without having
> to pay multiple times?

Anyone who wants to be able to watch the same film again without getting
to see only the current latest director edition ?
(enhanced/edited/modified for whatever reason... or rebooted)

The old "Rollerball" has some reflections on society that's no more in
latest one (hey, but the color on the newest are better... )
Battlestar Galactica... the two series are totally different, and I
prefer the old one.
Crooks in Clover (Monsieur Gangster / Les tontons flingueurs) is a B&W
film... it has been colourized... :-(
Batman... oh my...
Let's not talk about George. No, we don't.

There is plenty of reasons to not trust any external guardian of movies
or sounds. Look at Doctor Who, some episodes were lost.

--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)