POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : google trouble : Re: google trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: google trouble
From: clipka
Date: 30 May 2014 06:58:09
Message: <53886441$1@news.povray.org>

http://tools.google.com/service/update2?w=6:OB0uOgy6aOiP05eNOkxg0Gm7_R7kgeODhPDFhAaRltfunxs0_0rKhfA4L-M3jT0Y2jYobBuNPd20b7RbKqNZ9RFZXsviIt0YlWSQ4ElJ785idYyaM2hkVE9B1_Vb4dsT8kTsO6eB-Qi-LLD6DbnQKXRPycbUFtF1atiNJlu7-lzHJy_gUPOt1W9xGWV9KieBmTptKbLCq0oY9Dm1vOIl_nj4cJRSNtSOgb46iy1Y-G0gvHu3hZ7JNqcgFeiZznXH-wM-vMzGDZPcxqMPixjTe_VG3yqDUWpSzo_h1lVdrDgY2_JxPRT8a4Kn3aXVwOU9GX8pQ9sDBEBkPP7VOPzUWw
> Geblokkeerd door interne zwarte lijst    C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

What exactly is "it"?

>>> - It concerns the x86 program file Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
>>
>> Find the file in question and check its digital signature (right-click
>> properties, etc, etc...)
>>
>> Mine has a valid verisign certificate issued in 2008.  If yours does
>> not, it was probably hijacked by some malware.  Delete it from your
>> system.
>
> It has a verisign certificate valid from 2007 to 2010.

Then technically it does not have a valid certificate, as it has expired.

> IT seems to me that either google is blocked at the firewall but I have
> yet been able to find where the mentioned 'black list' is hidden, or
> firefox is blocking google.

I'd guess it's the former. Remedy of course strongly depends on what
firewall you are using.