POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : google trouble : Re: google trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: google trouble
From: scott
Date: 30 May 2014 02:59:04
Message: <53882c38$1@news.povray.org>
> I disagree. Open is not the problem, it's the solution.
> Google is not open. My data are that: "Mine". Until i openly grant
> someone access to my habit on my system, nobody should try to read it.

Even in all companies and governments acted in a legally and morally
correct way, there will *always* be criminals that don't - either
directly or indirectly through other companies/governments. You should
therefore assume that any data you have on a machine connected to the
internet *could* be read by anyone. That is why it is not recommended to
store passwords in a plain text file on your computer.