POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : google trouble : Re: google trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: google trouble
From: Doctor John
Date: 29 May 2014 17:29:06
Message: <5387a6a2$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/05/14 19:01, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> The DMCA (and the RIAA and similar) do not agree with you and had its
> way to the law. Information is property, even if immaterial.
> Same with patent (and patent-troll). That's the law, you can have it
> changed but you have to live in its current version.

Sorry, I live in the UK. US legislation is not applicable here. Note
also that that within this legislation area there is no such thing as
software copyright.

> Have you no problem with that remote-camera in your dressing and your
> bathroom ? We also connected your toilet. It's just information. (and we
> sell it to your insurance company and tailor... your bank is also
> interested in your health analysis from the pattern of the flush on the
> toilet).

What? Get real not paranoid.

> You cannot hold that promise, as even extracting oil & gas for your car
> might affect my life.

Indeed. And your refusal to accept that research is not always bad may
affect my life. Your logic, not mine.

> Posting to a newsgroup is a public action, no privacy problem here. But
> even the pattern of using a software is not that public. Therefore, I
> expect my pattern to not be available to someone else. This is not your
> to know, not without an opt-in from me.
>
> You can have my pattern for posting, but should not have the one of my
> reading. That's the boundary Google is crossing since a bit of time.

For $YOURDEITY's sake, when reading a post on a newsgroup, an email or a
page on the intarwebs, you have sent a publicly readable request for
such information.
If a policeman notes that you consistently visit different banks and/or
loiter near ATMs, he cannot be criticised for suspecting that you may be
engaged in or planning to be engaged in illegal activity.
Ditto those who monitor the webs.

>> I will defend unto death your right to exist, but I also defend my right
>> to detect possible threats to my existence.
>
> I remember a quote from a Benjamin about trading liberty and security. I
> will always stand on the side of liberty, even if I'm ready to hit with
> a nuke the one caught threatening my security. I do not have a
> proportional response curve.
> Show a knife, get nuked; In the meantime, you're welcome.

That is not what I said.
I will give my life to defend your existence. I will, however, continue
to watch you; if I detect a threat to me then I will seek to nullify it.
My actions will always stop short of ending your life.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents