POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : google trouble : Re: google trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: google trouble
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 29 May 2014 13:17:29
Message: <53876ba9$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 29 May 2014 16:02:57 +0200, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> Open is not the problem, it's the solution.
> Google is not open. My data are that: "Mine". Until i openly grant
> someone access to my habit on my system, nobody should try to read it.

Except that if you use Google, you're openly granting them access to your
data.

Google makes it possible to review the data they have about you as well,
through your account settings.  But the basic premise is if you want to
keep something private, don't share it.

I use Google extensively, and I'm OK with them having the data on me they
have.  I occasionally review that data, and if there's something that I
would rather they not have, I deal with it - but I'm under no illusions
about whether or not they may have retained a copy of it, even if I
removed it.

Just like Facebook.

Jim