POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : google trouble : Re: google trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: google trouble
From: Doctor John
Date: 29 May 2014 10:20:25
Message: <53874229$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/05/14 15:02, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> I disagree. Open is not the problem, it's the solution.
> Google is not open. My data are that: "Mine". Until i openly grant
> someone access to my habit on my system, nobody should try to read it.

A moot point but I'm not arguing, yet ...

> But that's not the approach of the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.

Or do you mean every intelligence agency in the world? Putin has
admitted cyber-espionage, the Chinese - despite their denials - have
been caught red-handed etc etc. Quite honestly, I'd think little of the
security services of a country or company which was not trying.

> "Better apologize than ask permission" is a strong step to try and build
> a project. But that's just plain wrong with privacy.

Where's the difference?

> For once, I'm ok with the Dilbert solution (1998 May 07):
>> http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1998-05-07/
>
> I just have weak hands... and who could seize google's ankles ?
>
> Later version...
>> http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2004-05-31/

My favourite cartoon series :-) Thanks for making me smile

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents