POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : google trouble : Re: google trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:29:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: google trouble
From: Doctor John
Date: 29 May 2014 09:27:09
Message: <538735ad$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/05/14 13:13, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> Is it really unsafe ?
> Do you really want to trust Google about big data ?

There is a fundamental problem with the 'net. If we leave it open then
we allow anyone (not just Google) to reap our data (encrypted or not).
If we restrict it, then we lose the interconnectivity that Tim
Berners-Lee and his predecessors envisaged.
As I see it, it's not a problem of trust but a problem of
self-censorship; if you don't want someone to access some data about
you, don't use the 'net to communicate it.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents