POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You work in computers don’t_you? : Re: You work in computers don’t_you? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You work in computers don’t_you?
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 26 May 2014 17:35:46
Message: <5383b3b2$1@news.povray.org>
> When I put a Video disc in it did not

> Windows 7 disc in. And although it said that it could not run the
> programme it did read the file structure.

A video DVD is merely a data DVD using the UDF filesystem, containing
files with specific names. It's not like CDs where an audio-mode CD and
a data-mode CD have a totally different structure. I can believe that
the device won't *play* a video DVD (that requires access to an MPEG-2
codec, which usually requires actual *money), but I'm baffled as to how
it fails to see the disk at all...

...unless this is a region-coding "thing"...