POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PovCon London : Re: PovCon London Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovCon London
From: Stephen
Date: 26 May 2014 06:32:00
Message: <53831820$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/05/2014 09:45, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 26-5-2014 3:16, Doctor John wrote:
>> It may have escaped some people's attention that PovCon London took
>> place last night.
>>
>> President for Life, Doc John, opened proceedings by buying a pint for
>> himself since there was no-one else there. Some minutes (hours?) later
>> the [dis]Honourable Treasurer and Keeper of Small Acronyms turned up and
>> accepted a pint of Kronenbourg.
>>
>> The following motions were passed:
>> 1. The peeling paint problem (see TdG's posts in p.b.i.) needs thinking
>> about. Call the committee in about five years.
>> 2. The [dis]Honourable Treasurer is, from henceforth, to be addressed as
>> Stevie. Please do not confuse this nomenclature with Stevie Nicks, who
>> is much better looking and can also sing.
>> 3. Asking the President for Life about his offspring is guaranteed to
>> cure insomnia.
>>
>> Oh, nearly forgot, some whisky was consumed
>>
>> John (PfL)
>>

> The sad consideration comes to mind that the Right Honourable President
> for Life /himself/ has to send out the minutes of this highly important
> meeting. Obviously, the PfL is lacking the competent help of a Right
> Honourable Secretary. Not having the competences required nor the wish
> to aspire to such an elevated function, the undersigned member of PovCon
> Europe would propose the Right Honourable and Esteemed Member Jim
> Henderson for that function. Undersigned deem it necessary however, to
> submit said Esteemed member to statutory balloting in the most
> democratic tradition, the results of which need be weighted against the
> type of whisky said Esteemed Member is partial to.
>
> Thomas

Bloody Ada! I thought it was a secret society.
The proposal for Mr James Henderson is duly noted but it should be
pointed out that the coffers of the Great British branch of PovCon do
not run to expenses. I depleted them last night getting a hackney cab to
the Three Tuns, a place of some disrepute. More on that later.
What the (far) Right Honourable gentleman has forgotten due to his
dotage. Is that when his term in office expires, so does he. Unfortunate
but there it is (we have had trouble in the past and that is the best
solution we have come up with). This term of office might become vacant
soon if the Right Honourable gentleman does not stop taunting the callow
youth of this fair country by playing his telephonic ring tone to
demonstrate that he is a supporter of an opposing football team.
(Woops!, I, need, to, up, my, comma, count,.)
Let it also be known that I will continue to use my nom de guerre here
and in other places to avoid confusion.
Now back to why I was only three minutes early at the Three Tuns.
For those who remember Steve Paget (St) his name lives on in his
grandson. I spoke to his son last night and his child is a healthy ten
months old and is called Steve, too.
Endit.

--

Regards