POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paradise : Re: Paradise Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paradise
From: clipka
Date: 24 May 2014 13:21:36
Message: <5380d520@news.povray.org>
Am 12.02.2014 20:12, schrieb James Holsenback:

> the /main/ reason no sslt on ground plane is the scale factor in globals
> used to make dice look good did not suit for the ground plane, and as
> far as I know you can't have two different scales ... btw: used 15.

Simple procedure to follow for /all/ sslt imagery:

(1) Figure out how large your scene objects are supposed to be in real
life. Set the scale (mm_per_unit) accordingly.

(2) Do /not/ mess with the scale or the size of your objects from now on.

(3) Tamper with the materials (especially the translucency) until they
look realistic.